Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Food, Glorious Food!!! And a Fred Thompson joke, too!!!


I can't wait to try it!

It's incredibly exciting to be able to eat again after literally YEARS of having trouble keeping things down. Tonight I ate a steak. I was able to eat steak before, mind you, but only if I chewed it up and then surreptitiously removed the bite from my mouth afterward. I wanted the taste of yummy beef (GO MEAT! I luuuuurrrrrrrves me some MEAT), but I couldn't actually swallow any of it.

Well, that's all overwith now.

Rick texted me this afternoon saying, "I'm at Wal-Mart; is there anything you need?"

I texted back: "If they have ribeyes and they're cheap, that'd be absolutely splendiferous."

He brought home an incredibly beautiful slab o' beef. I dribbled some Allegro Marinade (kinda like a soy sauce and Worcestershire mixture) on it and broiled it for a while.

O-o-ooo-oooohhhhhh-hhhhholy COW that was some good COW. Like buttah, I tellz ye.

------------------------------

Fred Thompson, just now, addressing the Republican convention: "Sarah Palin is the only VP candidate in the history of the US who can properly field-dress a moose."

Heh!!











------------------------------



On the subject of food, glorious food: This week's Carnival of the Recipes is up! The theme this week is Travel Food. Wheee! I love traveling. In fact, I'm hoping to do a little traveling this fall, sometime around my birthday. I'm thinking tropical thoughts... I need to see some palm trees and have someone bring me a fruity drink with a little paper umbrella in it.

How in the world is she traveling, having just bought a house? Well, we have a credit card full of air-miles that MUST be used up THIS YEAR or they go away forever.

The sacrifice is great, I'll grant you, but you can trust me to step up when the going gets tough.

No comments: