Wednesday, August 06, 2008

I *so* want to see this

Doctor Who and Captain Picard do Hamlet in Stratford-upon-Avon

The Royal Shakespeare Company usually draws genteel, theater-loving crowds to the serene town of Stratford, the playwright's birthplace. It has never seen anything like the fan frenzy surrounding a new production of "Hamlet" that stars not one but two science fiction icons: David Tennant, hero of the British Broadcasting Corp.'s beloved "Doctor Who," and Patrick Stewart of "Star Trek: The Next Generation."


I might have to dust off the passport for this one... I've always been rather fond of Stewart (who I once declared The Sexiest Man On Television), and I've enjoyed the brilliantly quirky new iteration of Doctor Who quite a lot as well. The two of them on stage together in Hamlet has to be pure electricity.

No comments: