Y'all go check out the Carnival of the Recipes, hosted this week by ME!!
My favorite Indian dish has been Sag Paneer for quite some time, but I might have found one I like just as much.
I discovered Pav Bhaji quite by accident this past spring. I was hunting the grocery store shelves for something I could safely eat and I found a boxed prepared Indian dish called Pav Bhaji that was described as Mashed Vegetable Curry. I bought it and took it to school for my lunch... and I swear it was so good, I could've eaten about three packages. Perhaps it was because I have become so starved for veggies the past year... nonetheless, it was absolutely fabulous. So I figured I should share a recipe for it with you.
I got this recipe from Allrecipes.com.
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
* 1 teaspoon finely chopped green chile peppers
* 1 cup chopped onions
* 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
* 1 cup chopped roma (plum) tomatoes
* 2 cups cauliflower, finely chopped
* 1 cup chopped cabbage
* 1 cup green peas
* 1 cup grated carrots
* 4 potatoes, boiled and mashed
* 3 tablespoons pav bhaji masala
* salt to taste
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 8 (2 inch square) dinner rolls
* 1/2 tablespoon butter
* 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
* 1 tablespoon finely chopped green chile peppers
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Saute garlic and green chile for 30 seconds, then stir in onions and ginger. Cook until onions are brown. Add tomatoes, and cook until pasty. Stir in cauliflower, cabbage, peas, carrots and potatoes. Season with pav bhaji masala. Cover, and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt, and stir in lemon juice.
2. Toast the dinner rolls, and spread lightly with butter. Serve garnished with chopped onion, green chile and cilantro.
Make sure you make enough, because you won't be pleased if you run out...