Monday, April 14, 2008

A Visit to Paris

Paris, Texas, of course.

I went to an orthopedic surgeon in Paris on my dad's recommendation. Dr. Robert Schneider is a very good bone doc.

He x-rayed and the bones look normal, so whatever happened was, indeed, a soft-tissue injury. He gave me a shot of Depo-Medrol into the shoulder joint and he'll see me again in three weeks. If the shot wears off and it's still bad after that point, he will MRI it and see if I tore the rotator cuff. If that happens to be the case, he'll have to do surgery.

Afterwards, I had a couple of minutes before I needed to head back home, so I took a couple of pictures:


In Texas, even the Eiffel Tower dons a cowboy hat!



The crimson clover is abundant over there in East Texas.

And then, in Evergreen Cemetery, I bring you some photos of the giant 1891 monument to Willet Babcock featuring a statue of Jesus wearing cowboy boots:






No comments: