Thursday, April 10, 2008

Skwerls vs. Property Rights


The Fall frontman investigated for killing squirrels

The Royal Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To Animals (RSPCA) said it had launched an investigation after Smith told British music magazine Uncut that he disliked squirrels so much that he'd done a few in.

"Squirrels mean nothing to me," Smith told Uncut. "I killed a couple last weekend actually. They were eating my garden fence.

"My sisters are animal lovers and they had been leaving food out for these squirrels. They've got rats in the bloody house now. Serves 'em right."

Smith added that he would "happily set about an endangered red squirrel with a set of professional hedge clippers" and said he had no problem running over seagulls with his car.

Hear, hear. I'm going to go to iTunes and check out The Fall. This fellow deserves my support.

No comments: