Monday, March 03, 2008

Sure sign of the apocalypse


And, of course, it's happening AT NIGHT, which means they won't call off school. If it could've waited, say, twelve hours, they wouldn't have been able to get the buses onto all the little side roads, so they would've cancelled school.

Yeah, I know... pathetic... but this tiny amount of winter precipitation is crippling for these poor sods down here. Nobody has a clue how to drive in it, even if it isn't sticking to the pavement! A couple of flakes fall, and people drive into ditches and crash into one another. This means I'd much rather they call off school, just to protect me & the kids from all the goofballs who don't know how to drive in snow. I drive over at least ten lake bridges between here and Ballyhoo.

But because it's falling NOW, it will have melted off the pavement by morning. Nevermind the mud-pits it will make out of all the little back-roads Rick has to drive on his postal route.

Of course, it also means that I won't have to spend all day cooped up in the house with... well, I just won't go there. Trust me, it's probably better if we all go to school. Some things just can't be borne right now.

No comments: