Thursday, February 14, 2008

Staying home tomorrow

I went to school today because the photographers were going to be there and I'm responsible for those sorts of things. I felt pretty okay early on and was pleased that perhaps my case of shingles was an extremely mild one. The later it got, though, the worse I felt. By the time school was out, my co-worker who mans the front desk offered to get a substitute for me tomorrow. "That way you'll have three days to rest and recover a little bit," she said.

The worst thing is the swollen lymph nodes around my right ear, the still-twitching right eye, and the burning headache. The doctor gave me some Vicoprofen for pain and a strong antihistamine for the itching... but she warned me that if I take them, I'd better make sure I had at least eight hours to sleep because that's how long I'd be out. For me, I can double the allotted time and I still feel groggy, particularly with antihistamines. I never EVER take anything like that if I know I have to be able to get up in the morning. Tomorrow, though, I'll be snoozing.

I really do hate missing school; my job is my favorite place to be. Maybe that sounds weird, but it's true.

I'm hoping to catch up on some blogging tomorrow while I'm relaxing...

No comments: