- Wrapping or gift bags?
I prefer to wrap.
- Real or artificial tree?
Probably one of the ugliest fakes you ever saw.
- When do you put up the tree?
As soon as possible after Thanksgiving.
- When do you take the tree down?
The day after Christmas.
- Do you like eggnog?
In very small doses, yes.
- Favorite gift received as a child?
Hmmm... could've been the dirt-bike... perhaps the PONG video game.
- Do you have a nativity scene?
Lots and lots of them. My favorite is one I got from Haiti; the creche is made from a coconut and the people are made from little balls of clay.
- Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I don't remember. I tend to mentally block those sorts of things.
- Mail or e-mail Christmas cards?
I don't mind receiving either. We haven't sent any of our own out in several years. I guess I figure that everyone who knows us knows that I blog and they can see updated pictures and find out what's going on in our lives at any time during the year that they please.
- Favorite Christmas movie?
- When do you start shopping for Christmas?
As soon as I get online after Thanksgiving. I don't drive around and shop anymore. I hate it. I'd much rather be in the warmth and comfort of my own home, browsing around to find exactly what I want to get for people.
- Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Since I can't eat anything normal, I'll just speak for what I used to love to eat at Christmas, which would've probably been turkey and ham and dressing and pie.
- Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Colored. I *love* bright colors.
- Favorite Christmas song?
"Joy to the World"
- Travel at Christmas or stay home?
We still travel, although when we lived in Iowa, we sometimes stayed home and it was kinda neat to have Christmas with just us.
- Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Of course I can! Duh!
- Angel on the tree top or a star?
- Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning?
Christmas Eve. My Pop's birthday is Christmas Day, so we have a birthday party on that day.
- Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Cold weather. I don't like cold weather.
- Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color?
Nah. Just kid ornaments.
- What do you leave for Santa?
A bottle of Newcastle
- Least favorite holiday song?
"Up On The Housetop"
- Favorite ornament?
My official Captain Jean-Luc Picard ornament.
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Courtesy of CGHill over at Dustbury.