Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas questionnaire

Courtesy of CGHill over at Dustbury.
  1. Wrapping or gift bags?
    I prefer to wrap.
  2. Real or artificial tree?
    Probably one of the ugliest fakes you ever saw.
  3. When do you put up the tree?
    As soon as possible after Thanksgiving.
  4. When do you take the tree down?
    The day after Christmas.
  5. Do you like eggnog?
    In very small doses, yes.
  6. Favorite gift received as a child?
    Hmmm... could've been the dirt-bike... perhaps the PONG video game.
  7. Do you have a nativity scene?
    Lots and lots of them. My favorite is one I got from Haiti; the creche is made from a coconut and the people are made from little balls of clay.
  8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
    I don't remember. I tend to mentally block those sorts of things.
  9. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards?
    I don't mind receiving either. We haven't sent any of our own out in several years. I guess I figure that everyone who knows us knows that I blog and they can see updated pictures and find out what's going on in our lives at any time during the year that they please.
  10. Favorite Christmas movie?
    Elf
  11. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
    As soon as I get online after Thanksgiving. I don't drive around and shop anymore. I hate it. I'd much rather be in the warmth and comfort of my own home, browsing around to find exactly what I want to get for people.
  12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
    Since I can't eat anything normal, I'll just speak for what I used to love to eat at Christmas, which would've probably been turkey and ham and dressing and pie.
  13. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
    Colored. I *love* bright colors.
  14. Favorite Christmas song?
    "Joy to the World"
  15. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
    We still travel, although when we lived in Iowa, we sometimes stayed home and it was kinda neat to have Christmas with just us.
  16. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
    Of course I can! Duh!
  17. Angel on the tree top or a star?
    Angel
  18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning?
    Christmas Eve. My Pop's birthday is Christmas Day, so we have a birthday party on that day.
  19. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
    Cold weather. I don't like cold weather.
  20. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color?
    Nah. Just kid ornaments.
  21. What do you leave for Santa?
    A bottle of Newcastle
  22. Least favorite holiday song?
    "Up On The Housetop"
  23. Favorite ornament?
    My official Captain Jean-Luc Picard ornament.

No comments: