Monday, November 05, 2007

Skwerl salad sandwiches

PHOTO ALERT: If you are disturbed by images of cooked critters, don't continue reading this post. Just wanted to throw that out there.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Here's the skwerl after I braised it with freshly-ground sea salt and black pepper:



Then after I picked as much of the meat off as I could (there isn't much on one skwerl), I mixed it with some mayo (sorry, Kevin, I'm a mayo-girl, but no hard feelings, k?):



Isaac had a taste of it before I mixed it up and he liked it pretty well, but he's not much of a meat-eater, so he graciously allowed Alice to have it, since she had been hanging around the kitchen like a vulture, saying, "Mmmmmm, that smells GOOD!" every thirty seconds or so:



And this is what was left over:


A bit of skwerl broth and some bones. No giblets; Poppi removed all the objectionable bits before sending it home to us.

Yummy stuff!

No comments: