Sunday, November 25, 2007

Brief debrief

The line to get out of Kansas was at least five miles of stopped traffic:


And yet again, I have to say that I am OFFENDED that I have to PAY to drive through Kansas. They should be paying ME to drive through that godforsaken moonscape. Somebody explain to me why it is legal for a state to make a FEDERAL INTERSTATE HIGHWAY into a toll road? Five dollars and twenty-five cents just to drive from Emporia to the Oklahoma state line... and that's an increase over the last time I came through. I thought my tax dollars already went to that; why am I being double-taxed?

And as for Kansas, I do know that there are some lovely little places off the interstate, and some very nice people. But driving I-35 through there is just awful. It's as bad as the east-to-west stretch of I-80 through Iowa... gag a maggot. Nothing whatsoever to look at.


On a much more pleasant note, I got to enjoy some time with Blue and Red Fish:


Notice that Red is knitting. Actually, you'd probably notice if she WEREN'T knitting. She knits anytime she sits. Even during church. She claims it helps keep her awake. Makes sense to me. Maybe that's what I should take up. hehe


And on Black Friday, my BFF and I went shopping, of course:


Isn't she the most beautiful BFF in the whole wide world?

Thanksgiving was a tremendous success; my kids and hers were SO glad to see one another after such a long time. My BFF has three boys, and her youngest and Isaac are the same age. They were totally absorbed in Legos and DDR the entire time.

I can't believe I have to go back to school already tomorrow, though... I sure did need an extra day to unwind before jumping back into the thick of things, but I guess it's just not meant to be. Oh well... I'll manage.

They'll probably be rather subdued and depressed tomorrow; Ballyhoo lost their second playoff game to Seymour, 28-13. Weeping and gnashing of teeth ensued, of course. But I am so proud of my guys anyway... it's a terrific accomplishment to make it that far.

No comments: