Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Yeah, it's only 9:21 PM

But I'm going to go to bed anyway. I finished the extra lesson plans and turned them in today. I've almost got my room in order... or at least in the best order I can muster at the moment. I was getting tired of looking at the computer shelving still lying on its side against the back wall, not mounted to the wall, and of not knowing which of the four computers in the room was the one I was supposed to use. So I employed a little "new-kid" wiliness.

I sought out the district tech dude (who must be about seven feet tall) and said, "Do you like chocolate chip cookies?"

He grinned.

"Because there'll be a plate of them on your desk tomorrow if you'll come to my room and set up my computer this afternoon."

He came to my room and set it up for me right then.

Heh.

As soon as they come out of the oven, I'm going to bed.

--------------------------------

A friend pointed out to me that "skwerl" and "skrewl" are very similar. Let's see... terrorist rodents and public re-education... hmmm... it's all becoming clearer to me now.

No comments: