Sunday, July 01, 2007

Tomorrow! Tomorrow!


I'm going to attempt to re-create the Burmese beef curry/coconut dish I slavishly worshipped while in the DC area last week. I went to World Market and to the grocery store today to stock up on the ingredients I thought I might use. The Burmese restauranteurs did not, of course, share their recipe with me, but I'm going to give it a shot and then tweak it in future attempts.

I also picked up a bamboo steamer and some dumpling wrappers, thinking I might try my hand at Chinese dumplings this week. I'm going to enlist the help of my kids in this project, and I'll photograph the fun and games.

Tomorrow morning, however, Alice & I will be visiting her neurologist in Dallas. I'm hoping that when we're done, we'll make a short jaunt on Harry Hines Blvd to browse the Asian stores in search of some ingredients I'm unlikely to find up here in Ruralville.

No comments: