Friday, July 13, 2007

I DID IT!!

I was able to concoct something that very closely resembles the coconut-curry beef dish I ate while in DC. Here's how it goes:

1 package of stew meat (about 1.5 pounds or so)
1 little jar of curry paste (I prefer the hot kind, but you can use whichever you like)
A few blobs of sesame oil

Mix the raw stew meat with the other two ingredients until all the pieces are well-coated, then marinate in the fridge for several days.

When you're ready to eat, heat up a saucepan, put in a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil, then brown the meat.

When it's browned, pour in two cans of coconut cream. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until meat is done, probably 10-15 minutes at most.

You can put several scoops of this delightful substance over white rice, but I don't bother with rice. It's amazing all on its own. I'm eating some now, actually. Holy cow, this stuff is awesome.

No comments: