Sunday, May 06, 2007

Two days in a row now

WARNING: DISREGARD UNLESS YOU'RE JUST INTO THE MINUTAE OF MY LATEST SUFFERINGS.

Yesterday and today I have had terrible, terrible headaches in the late afternoon. Yesterday's was the worst I've had in a super-long time; we were at the One-Act Play performance and I was hurting so badly I felt agitated and bordering on panicked. I had my kids with me, and after North Ruralville's performance I took them out into the lobby with me and I lay down on a bench and covered my eyes with my program. I really hated doing it, because it makes me feel as if I'm one of those people who fake illnesses for attention. This was those kids' moment to shine, and I didn't want to detract from it one single bit. Thankfully I didn't have to.

Today's headache isn't as severe, but it's the same kind I had yesterday.

No, my BP is perfect. My blood sugar (which I just tested) is high (156) but not astronomical. I have taken a metformin tablet to try to get it back down.

I'll quit now. I'm not writing this in my blog for advice, necessarily; it's more for my own record-keeping than anything else.


UPDATE: Methinks my headaches may have to do with sleep deprivation. I guess the older I get, the less able I am to function on fragmented or disturbed sleep. [sigh] This, plus my worsening hearing, does not bode well for the music career. hehe I'm grateful my hands still work so I can at least paint. For now. Until something dramatic and terrible happens to THEM.

[/pessimism]

No comments: