Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Stuff I've seen lately



The roadsides up near Ardmore, Oklahoma are awash in wildflowers and butterflies. Here we have an American Lady butterfly (Vanessa virginiensis) enjoying some vetch.






Poppies!! Millions of them... brilliant scarlet dots everywhere. Splendidly beautiful. I don't recall seeing roadsides covered with poppies when I was a little girl, but these were abundant and and beautiful.




My most recent completed project... a commission from a distant friend who wanted to celebrate the Year of the Fire Pig. Interesting, eh?

I finally have a small table set up here in the house where I can paint. Now I can paint every day again... a serious stress relief, and it puts me right in the living room where I can still be a part of regular family life while still pursuing my art.

No comments: