An attempt to run off a nest of squirrels in a North Holden Street attic backfired Tuesday afternoon, when a smoke bomb accidentally set the house's roof on fire.I'm betting that kid gets his keister fired over this one...
"I asked the kid at the (local hardware store) if this would be OK to do," Kerry Ronzel, owner of 34 North Holden St., said as she watched the firefighters rip patches of slate tiles off the roof. "I said, 'This won't burn down my house will it?' He said, 'No, you'll be fine.'"
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Skwerls seen high-fiving in the Berkshires
Squirrel offensive sparks attic blaze