Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Thank you, Zatarain's!!!

Thank you for making these wonderful, yummy and CHEAP packets of ready-to-serve Red Beans n' Rice. They're advertised as "sides" but I use one package as a whole lunch. They are delicious. And I love them.

LOVE them, I tell you. And when I buy them at Wal-Mart, I pay about half what the Zatarain's web site sells them for.

When I want to kick 'em up a notch, I sprinkle some Emeril's Essence on 'em and stir in a little butter. I daresay it's enough to cause brief bursts of zydeco in those with weakened immune systems. If after consuming this product you find yourself irresistibly drawn to pick up a button accordion or a frottoir, see your family physician immediately.

God bless the Cajuns and their cuisine. Even the cheap, fast-food stuff. Sheer heaven, I tell you. I'd rather eat at Popeye's any day than KFC. I'm always happy when I find a Popeye's that has fried crawfish (they don't all offer it).

Anyhow, I love the fact that these ready-to-serve packets don't have to be refrigerated. Whoever came up with this idea deserves a big fat raise.

No comments: