Monday, April 30, 2007

Stuff I saw today

At the lake, we saw a snake lying in the middle of the road. Of course, I had to stop and take his picture:



But he wasn't crazy about me standing there, so off he slithered:



Snakeys don't bother me much. I can easily tell the difference between the kind that aren't going to kill me and the kind that are, and I give the nasty ones a wide berth, but they don't terrify me like they do some people.

UPDATE: Yes, I know that it vaguely resembles a cottonmouth water moccasin, but I went back and zoomed in on the snake's head on my original photo, and it just doesn't have the triangular head shape or the pits. Also, a cottonmouth tends to have a very bulky, muscular body rather than a thin, lithe one. If it were a juvenile, it would've had a brighter body color. That's my opinion; I suppose I could be wrong. Nonetheless, since I really didn't know just what kind it was, I gave it plenty of room and used the camera's zoom rather than getting too close.

And then a cute widdle butterfly decided to perch on my finger:



There were loads and loads of butterflies of all shapes and sizes out at the fishing hole today. Apologies to my blogmommy who's got a weird butterfly phobia.

Next, we decided to get some hooks wet:







Not much was biting today except mosquitoes and fire ants, but we had a lovely, relaxing day. Wish you'd've been there with us.

No comments: