Sunday, March 18, 2007

Passion

I was catching up on several of The Word Nerds podcasts this afternoon, and one of the podcasts was discussing "resolutions" and all their permutations (obviously, the one from the beginning of January). One of the hosts mentioned that instead of resolutions, her friend chose a single word that would be the theme for that year -- making it more open-ended than a simple "Lose weight" sort of proposition. She mentioned that she'd adopted the idea herself and that her word for the year was "peace" ... not so much in the activist sense, but in the sense of inner peace.

As I was listening, I was thinking that my word for the past decade has probably been "passion" and that I would probably continue adopting it as my theme word. Not so much sexual passion, but a general passion for life, for worship, for love in the unconditional sense.

That's a pretty highfalutin' way to segue into one of those dumb online quizzes that all the MySpace teenagers flock to, but it's what I thought of, so I went with it anyway. I saw this quiz over at my Blogmom's place and decided to follow in her footsteps. When my answer came out overwhelmingly as "Passion", I thought it was ironic.





You scored as Passion. You are very passionate -- whether that passion is good or evil has yet to be determined. You have great power over others and they seem to flock to your service. You are very competitive, almost to a fault. Perhaps you should let someone else win for a change?

Passion: 92%

Mysterious: 58%

Diamond Eyes: 50%

Eyes full of Pain: 42%

What do YOUR eyes say about you?