Monday, February 12, 2007

Londonistan

High fashion need not be forbidden from the devout Muslim girl, right? I guess designer Louise Golden feels that way. Here are some of her runway creations for London Fashion Week 2007:



Oh, I don't imagine Waleed is going to let the little Missus out of the house in this getup... her brothers would waylay her in the street and slit her throat, poor thing. Family honor and all. Ankles? Knees? Thighs? Allah must surely disapprove.



I'm sorry; I just don't think this is even pretty. Besides, when was the last time you saw high-fashion designers doing an entire fall collection strictly for Baptists? Or Buddhists? There's something fundamentally wrong with the way societies all over this globe seem to be bending over backwards to keep from offending Muslims while not caring a fig for any other religion's "feelings." You think it might have something to do with the fact that nobody else's religion prescribes suicide bombings and death to the infidels?

UPDATE: I have been chided by someone named Anna who says Louise Golden is actually Jewish and did not create these specifically for Muslims. Maybe not, but what else is someone out here in "flyover country" supposed to think when they see a designer's collection on the fashion wires and every photo is of a woman dressed in gray and black with her head covered? I am fully aware that I view everything through a backwoods American frame of reference, and I don't apologize for that. From across the pond, the UK looks extremely Islamicized anyway, so I made the leap and assumed (apparently incorrectly) that the designers were catering to this target group of folks.

Even Charles Johnson over at LittleGreenFootballs came to the same conclusion I did.

No comments: