Friday, February 23, 2007

A little bit of Friday night fashion snark


Since I'm stuck here in North Ruralville, Texas on a rainy Friday night in February, I figure I might as well make the best of it and see what there is in the fashion world to make fun of.

Wow... Donatella Versace's got a very, um, boxy and unstructured vision for fall 2007. These might as well be her maternity line as well -- how could you tell?



Yes, I'll take two of those giant blue fur ... umm ... okay, help me out here. What would YOU call this? It looks like it was made from Sully on Monsters, Inc. and sewn into the shape of Spongebob Squarepants.


And the winners in the Most Bizarre and Utterly Useless Headwear category are:

The Pink Patent-Leather Blinders from the Canadian identical twin designers Dean and Dan Caten for fashion house Dsquared2... which will probably be seen next week in Lady Heather's collection (from CSI:Vegas)... and then these samples of Kei Kagami's collection which appear to have been modeled after something the Survivor: Fiji contestants might've put together during a witch-doctor ceremony:




This one looks like she's wearing her own hen-house camouflage... Chicken Little's Special Ops team, perhaps?

That pretty much wraps up the fashion snark for the evening. I hear a commotion in the kitchen which I now must mediate.

No comments: