Saturday, December 23, 2006

Today's English lesson

From EnglishPlus:

Emphasis Added

Underlining and Italicizing

Underlining words and Italicizing words in standard written English mean the same thing.

Handwriting and typing normally show underlining. Typesetting for print usually uses italics. Most computers can go either way.

Whichever way is chosen, be consistent and keep the same style throughout.

No comments: