Monday, December 04, 2006

Loopy, but better

Left the door wide open on that one. "Loopy? How can you tell?" you're probably thinking. And you'd be right.

I was coughing so much last night that I was keeping myself awake. I don't think I was keeping anyone else awake, necessarily; Rick was snoring, as was Isaac. But I got up and started digging through boxes to find the one that had medicines in it. I found it, but the only cough medicine to be found was a bottle of grape Triaminic that had expired in January. What the heck, I thought, might as well give it a shot. So I glugged some -- nastiest stuff on the planet, I'm thinking -- and went to bed. Woke up in Loopy Land; managed the four "gets" : up, a shower, dressed, and to work. But I sure felt like I was drifting off in space most of the day.

I hate being sick.

But I think I'm getting better. I decided I'd get out and share my germs with the rest of the Wal-Mart shoppers this evening, since I knew time was wastin'. I bought a Christmas tree - yay! - and some lights for the outside bushes. By George, I'm going to celebrate if it kills me.

[hack hack]

No comments: