Friday, November 17, 2006

Warm Tub

I couldn't really call it a "hot" tub... perhaps a "Tepid Tub" might've been more accurate. I obviously have a lot to learn about how to run the Hot Spring Portable Spa in the sun room... but I did actually give it a try tonight, and it wasn't bad. I hope I can coax it to warm up a little more, however. I'll hunt around online for an owner's manual for this model, since the actual original one would have been LONG gone by now.

One thing about moving into a house where senior citizens have lived is that you begin to realize the difficulties created by people who can't see well. I know that these two folks aren't filthy people by any stretch of the imagination, and that if they could've actually SEEN the crud they wouldn't have lived with it.

I'm going to think that way, anyway.

And I'm going to spend some time with the mop tomorrow. I wish that I could spend more time with it, but there's only one room with vinyl flooring -- the laundry room. No, not even the kitchen. It's carpeted. And it's gross. Beyond gross, really. I'm at a loss about what to do about it, too. I'm thinking perhaps of just laying down some of those plastic mats so that I don't have to walk on it.

The oven is truly horrendous, too. I'm not sure it's ever been cleaned in its entire life. We have a LOT of work to do, and I don't even begin to have time to do it. I should be spending several hours at school tomorrow in my classroom, but I doubt that I get around to it.

The kids are spending the night with my sister and her husband in Fort Worth tonight, so life's pretty quiet here -- hence the spa experimentation. Rick has his DISH network and all his channels to surf, so I'm truly having a peaceful, long-sought isolation. As I've said before, I am by nature a solitary person and must have some private alone-time to recharge my batteries. I'm not a misanthrope, but I can appear to be so IF I am feeling drained of reserves.

As I drain the last bit of warm coffee from my snowman mug, I bid you all a warm Good Night.

No comments: