Sunday, October 22, 2006

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday

Haven't posted a title like that in a while, have I?

I have to say that my feeling of dread was completely absent this morning as we went to Teeny-Tiny Baptist Church. Watching Rick up there teaching, telling what's been on his heart for so long and what's been aching to get out... well, it reminded me very much of when I first met him. He hasn't preached regularly since then, and I can see now that he was really born to do this. Not the haranguing, rhythmic speaker... not the pulpit-pounding, red-faced blusterer... he's a teacher. He wants the people in the room to hear and understand what he's found in the Scriptures, and he truly loves and cares about the people.

I've never been very good at the pastor's-wife persona, however. Maybe now that I've had a few years to ripen, I'll be better at it.

One of the little ladies at the church came tonight with several bags full of food for us. I'd forgotten how sweet and kind people can be; I guess I'd gotten a bit jaded.

I don't know how long we'll do this, but for now, I'm okay with it.

No comments: