Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Make it stop!!!

The tinnitus is only getting gradually worse. All voices sound like Darth Vader on helium now. My blood pressure is slightly up from where it usually is (which is high anyway), but that could be caused by the roaring instead of causing the roaring itself. My blood sugar levels are normal, falling between 85 and 115 regularly.

I could barely hear today at school. If it were just deafness, it wouldn't bother me so much, but it's like having some kind of loud motor-hum right by my ears. It worsens significantly whenever there's someone speaking. I can get a little peace when there's silence in the room; there's still a hum, but the echo-chamber robotic voice goes away. The radio and the TV absolutely kill me. All music sounds out-of-tune; each note I hear combines with an added quarter-tone to give the effect of a honky-tonk piano.

Hey... I just tried plugging my ears, and the robot-voice effect went away. Now I'm going to go hunt down my good earplugs and get some relief.

NOPE. Didn't work. Voices still causing problems.

Okay, I'll shut up about it for now. Doesn't seem to help to rant about it, that's what.

No comments: