Friday, October 20, 2006

Better

My ears were much better today. To celebrate, I had some pistachio-almond ice cream from Braum's. There isn't much that can't be improved with a little Braum's.

Tomorrow is the Whitesboro Peanut Festival... wahoo!! I will be taking pictures, but until my laptop is repaired, I have no idea when I'll be able to upload them and post them.

I appreciate the steadfastness of this old iMac that just keeps on plugging away, but the old OS9 is very glitchy and IE likes to 'splode at regular intervals. Most web sites will load, sort-of, but not well and certainly not accurately. Most of the normal Blogger features just aren't available to me.

Meh.

It's not as if I don't have plenty of other stuff to do.

Rick has, I think, accepted the position of pastor of Teeny-Tiny Baptist Church, at least temporarily. I wasn't happy about it, but it's less odious to me now than it was before. There are possibilities that exist, which I'll elaborate upon more as time goes by and as I see what evolves. We may also be moving to another rent house here in North Ruralville, one that will cost us less per month AND which will have the added benefit of NO SANDBURRS IN THE YARD. The one huge drawback to this other house, besides the odd layout, is the house-wide pink sculptured-shag carpeting. Just the ghastliest stuff you ever saw; I'll photograph it and post it so you can get the full, lovely effect. The one huge BENEFIT to this house? A hot-tub on the sun-porch. Another huge benefit is that it's one block away from the kids' school, so they actually can walk there safely.

Anyway, my level of angst and anxiety has leveled off for now. Let's see what kind of mayhem and crisis erupts tomorrow? I'm glad God already knows what's there before I do. As Betsie ten Boom said nearly seventy years ago, it's enough for me to know that He's there. Well, I *want* it to be enough. Sometimes I don't *feel* it, but my heart knows it anyway.

No comments: