Friday, September 08, 2006

The overweight purse


I don't normally find the Cathy comic strip hugely appealing. Once in a while it makes me chuckle, but that's about it. This week, however, Guisewite's been touching on a subject I don't know if I've ever heard made fun of before: obese purses.

I plead guilty. It's an ADD thing, I think; I stick something in there thinking I'll use it, or I'll get to it later, or I never know when that might come in handy, and my purse is usually so heavy it digs a hole in my shoulder. Pathetic, I know, but try as I might, I can't seem to keep from carrying a heavy purse.

On the bright side, however, I almost always seem to have just the thing someone needs... lotion... sewing kit... pliers... it's all in there, and more.

But the clip above, about her purse being so heavy it sets off the passenger-side seat-belt alarm? It happens to me ALL the time.

No comments: