Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Painter of Light is in a leetle trouble...


I've never been a fan of Thomas Kinkade's work... lovely, perhaps, but overly saccharine and cheesy, definitely... but now he's actually in a little hot water with the feds.

Please don't take me for having sour grapes against a fellow artist. I'm all for artists succeeding financially with their craft... but bad-faith business practices (if that's what he's guilty of) are not what I would expect from a professed Christian artist.

You wouldn't have found any Kinkade prints in my house even before I read this. Not my cup o'tea, really. This one appeals to me a little more...



...but I know everyone's taste is different. Kinkade's work wouldn't be netting him that much dough if it weren't appealing on a gargantuan scale.

And I hope he isn't an unscrupulous businessman. That would be a big disappointment, and another public black eye for Christians in general. Nevermind that I can't remember the last time a group of crazed Christians flew planes into skyscrapers or beheaded hostages. But that's a topic for another post, another day.

No comments: