Friday, July 14, 2006

Packing it all up

Hard to know where to begin, yanno? Nearly eleven years of your life and you've got to sort through what to take, what to leave 'til next time I come back up here, and what not to bother with at all.

The kids and I are heading south on Tuesday, I think. Mom's going to drive Dad's truck up here on Sunday so we can double-up on the amount of stuff we can bring.

I'm going to try to get a place to rent in town as soon as we get down there. I've spoken to several people there about rentals and I think I'll have some options. The kids and I can sleep on air mattresses, I guess -- money's going to be tight until we sell the Des Moines house. My sister-in-law has a couch she's going to pass on to us.

So much to think about and do! I've got lesson plans to get ready, too.

No comments: