Thursday, July 06, 2006

More paydirt

The job interview this morning went very well. We shall see if he calls me back to offer me the job. In the meantime, I got a call from the princiPAL of another rural north TX school district, and he wants to interview me tomorrow morning at 11AM.

Wheee!! Here goes the rollercoaster ride. Let's see where the Lord puts us.

The school I visited today was neat. I would actually have MY VERY OWN CLASSROOM THAT I DIDN'T HAVE TO SHARE WITH ANYONE ELSE. No wheeling around a cart or anything. It's a fairly new building (about 11 years old or so). And no, no cheerleading. He was just joking with me yesterday. Obviously a cheerleading coach would need to have a conceal-and-carry permit! The job would be all freshman and sophomore English classes.

The job I interview for tomorrow would be four sections of senior English (RESEARCH PAPERS!!!) and two sections of accelerated freshman English.

I can't wait. I am actually finding myself getting excited about teaching... since I've never really gotten to teach what I love, this is like possibly Christmas or something.

And I can finish up my master's at one of the many universities around here, and get the master's in something I actually WANT to learn about, like literature or grammar or something cool. Not classes in "how to fill out such-and-such IEP form so that the state will approve of it". GRRRR.

No comments: