Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A little crisp around the edges

I took the kids & some friends to a local waterpark this afternoon for some fun & sun, and took the opportunity to lounge on a chaise with a book (Teacher Man by Frank McCourt) and my iPod (Debussy's Suite Bergamasque) and a giant container of ice water. I knew that the bright sun was spraying me with hordes of new freckles, but I was hoping that at some point all the freckles would grow together into some semblance of color. I'm a little pink in spots now, not overly burnt anywhere that I'm noticing... but ohh, it was so lovely to sit and relax and think of nothing except how lovely the warm sun felt.

I desperately need sunglasses, but they would have to be prescription sunglasses. I need a new prescription and I need new regular glasses as well, but alas, no $$. So I squint and deal with it. I shall live, of course.

At any rate, I have spent almost no time at all today perusing the internet or the television for news and/or items of interest. Which is probably a good thing; one should escape the indoors as often as possible, in my estimation. Particularly when you live in an area with long, cold winters like here! Having to stay indoors gets really, really OLD after months and months of gray and cold and wet and icy. I'm going to enjoy the warmth while I can. Carpe sunshine.

No comments: