Thursday, June 22, 2006

Just a thought for today



Sensibility would seem to exclude passion. Since I tend to throw myself passionately into everything I choose to do, I've never really been sensible in my life (that I know of, anyway). One of the first things Rick ever noticed about me was this very thing -- that once I've been convinced of a truth, or once I've made up my mind to do something, I fling myself wholly into it, headlong, with enthusiasm and fervor and fearlessness.

I think it's why I have such a hard time understanding people who never DO anything but safe things. I just can't be that way. Speak the truth, do what you believe, never look back. No fear (other than fear itself), no regrets (other than that which you didn't attempt). I want to be able to look into the mirror and know who's looking back at me, without denial, without shame.

Sensible? No way, man.

No comments: