Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Today's fortune cookie



A longtime reader of this blog was asking me earlier this evening where I was getting my fortune-cookie blog posts. No, I don't keep a giant stash of fortune cookies, nor am I making them up. Whenever we eat Chinese food (which is often, because we all love it), I just take everyone's fortunes after they're done opening them and I bring them home to use on the blog. I have always thought they were a fun source of humor, and RedFish suggested I blog them as a regular feature, so that's what I'm doing. Nothing serious about them, it's just a quirky bit of fun that I don't see anyone else in the blogosphere doing.

We ate at P. F. Chang's China Bistro today for supper, and I would've then brought home five new fortune-cookie papers for the week, but two of them ended up being the same, so I only have four so far. Guess I'll have to pick up some Chinese takeout for lunch tomorrow or Wednesday. I heart Chinese food, so that won't be too much of a sacrifice.

I have two fortune-cookie papers that I actually affixed to my laptop because I liked what they said. The first one reads:
People are attracted to your inventive and intuitive mind.


And the second reads:
Excitement and intrigue follow you closely wherever you go.


Tee hee! That one always makes me think of the Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times." Yes, excitement does tend to follow me around, but it may just be because I'm something of a loose cannon...

No comments: