Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Stuff from my iPod today

1. Some outstanding jazz piano work on Bonnie Raitt's "I Ain't Gonna Let You Break My Heart Again" ... when I grow up, I wanna play like that. And sing like that, for that matter. Wow.

2. "Infidel" from Five For Fighting's The Battle For Everything.

3. "Lianna (Waltz)" from Dean McGraw & John Williams' Raven. Contemplative and heart-wrenchingly beautiful.

4. "One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces" by Ben Folds Five from Whatever and Ever Amen

5. "I Drove All Night" by Cyndi Lauper from Twelve Deadly Cyns... And Then Some.

Tonight as I'm doing laundry, I have iTunes Radio set to the Drone Zone for some lovely ambient fare. Good ambient music takes me completely out of my world and gives me a respite from the structure and expectations of life. I don't listen to it often, but sometimes it's the only thing that will do.

No comments: