Saturday, May 13, 2006

Apples and trees

Apples don't fall far from trees, I'm discovering.

When I was a little girl, Granddad would spread a dollop of peanut butter onto a vanilla wafer, then put another wafer on top of it to make a little sandwich. We often had that for our afternoon snack; it's likely that it was as much for him as for us.

I bought a box of vanilla wafers yesterday and had just opened it. "What are those?" Isaac asked.

"They're called vanilla wafers," I said. "They're just little cookies."

He took one from the box and had a bite.

I told him about Granddad's wafers -n- peanut butter snacks. His eyes brightened up and he took a second wafer and headed for the peanut butter. "Mmmm! These are kind-of like Oreos," he said. Oreos are his absolute favorite snack in the whole world, so this is a huge compliment.

In other apple-not-falling-far news, he has also begun his own blog. More on this as it develops; when it's ready to announce to the world, I'll post a link. I'm sure it will be interesting to see what a six-year-old blogs about.

No comments: