Saturday, April 08, 2006

Curiosity



Okay, my curiosity's getting the better of me. As I've mentioned before, I have Sitemeter on this blog and it gives me an up-to-the-minute report of the hits that it receives, where the hits are coming from (geographical location AND IP address), even what kind of system (Mac, Windows, Firefox, etc) the visitor is using. I have no way of finding out direct locations... meaning, I can't check Sitemeter and find out who you are and drive up in your driveway or something creepy like that... so don't go all freaky on me. But still, I can see what city your ISP is located in. This is kind-of fun, because I get visits from Kuala Lumpur and Norway and even Iran and Azerbaijan... bizarre, I know, but it's true. You'd be amazed.

And normally, I don't bother any further than that -- just fun curiosity. But lately there's been someone hitting my blog a LOT from the same IP address, multiple times a day, and whoever they are, they live not to far away from me in Polk City (or at least, that's where they're getting their internet service from; they may live out in the country or something, I dunno).

I do have a couple of friends up that direction whom I haven't seen or talked with in several years, so I'm hoping it's just one of them discovering my site (and not some creepy stalker). Anyway, this post is for that person: If you live near Saylorville Lake, near Polk City, and you've visited my blog several times a day lately, please e-mail me and let me know who you are, k? Just because I'm dying to know!! My e-mail link is on the sidebar, in case you're wondering.

No comments: