Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Desperate times call for desperate measures?

I'm going to give this gizmo a try. It's out of stock currently and backordered for a month, so I won't know for a few weeks yet.

I never had acne when I was a teenager, but once I was well into my twenties I began to experience the joys of painful, inflamed tumor-like eruptions on my chin and nose. Now that I'm nearly 40, they have not subsided but continue to appear with cheerful regularity. I'm tired of them. I can't take Accutane because it's contraindicated in anyone who has trouble with depression.

I wouldn't even give this sort of thing a try because I'm pretty suspicious of wacky ideas. But ABC ran a piece last month entitled Zapping Zits With Light and it looks like there might actually be something to this.

Either that, or I'm about to buy a $150 rave-wand. I'll let you know if I see any improvement.

No comments: