Saturday, November 26, 2005

A meme

Saw this one over at Yippee-Ki-Yay! and thought it looked like fun. Mom, if you're reading, move along. Nothing to see here, ok?
Question: "Have you ever....?"

Smoked a cigarette or tried it: Yes

Crashed a friend's car: No

Stolen a car: No

Been dumped: Yes

Shoplifted: No

Been fired/laid off: Yes

Been in a fist fight: No

Snuck out of your parent's house: Yes

Been arrested: No

Gone on a blind date: Yes

Lied to a friend: Yes, but usually only when they've asked me for a loan

Skipped school: Umm, yeah

Seen someone die: Yes

Been to Canada: Yep

Been to Mexico: Yep

Eaten Sushi: Love it

Met someone in person from the internet: heavens, yes -- more than I can count

Taken painkillers: Very rarely, and only post-surgery. I don't like the way they make me feel.

Had a tea party: When I was a little girl, yes

Cheated while playing a game: Yes

Fallen asleep at work: Yes, but only when I've been taking an antihistamine -- those things always knock me out.

Used a fake ID: No

Felt an earthquake: No

Touched a snake: Yes

Been robbed: Yes, our house was broken into and our electronics stolen back in 1999.

Petted a reindeer/goat: Yes

Won a contest: Sure, lots of times. Piano contests, spelling bees, art contests mostly.

Been suspended from school: No. I would've sooner died than gotten in trouble at school. I was terrified of being in trouble.

Been in a car accident: Yes

Had braces: No

Eaten a whole pint of ice cream in one night: At least!

Witnessed a crime: Sure, I've seen drug deals go down lots of times.

Swam in the ocean: Yes, on both coasts and the Gulf of Mexico.

Sung karaoke: No, but I'm about to have my first karaoke experience at the wedding reception of Frank J. and SarahK.

Paid for a meal with only coins: Sure, in college when I was dirt-poor and that was all I had. I've never done it purposefully as a way to be mean to a waitress, though.

Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose: Yes

Been kissed under mistletoe: Oh yeah

Crashed a party: No. I'm not a big party-person, and I don't always go even when I've been invited, so it's unlikely I'd ever show up UNinvited anywhere.

Worn pearls: Absolutely. I have a beautiful strand that my dad gave me when I graduated from college.

Jumped off a bridge: Yep... my pal Kimmer and I used to jump off bridges into creeks to wade around and catch crawdads. They weren't terribly high, of course.

Ate dog/cat food: Not that I knew of

Kissed a mirror: EWWW!!! No!!!! That is just sick.

Glued your hand to something: Yes, I've had numerous SuperGlue accidents. I try to avoid the stuff now because I just don't have good luck with it.

Done a one-handed cartwheel: Not beautifully, but yes

Talked on the phone for more than 6 hours: Not a chance. I don't like talking that much anyway.

Didn't take a shower for a week: No, that's just nasty

Picked and ate an apple right off the tree: Sure, lots of times. Other fruit, too.

Been told by a complete stranger that you're hot: No, not a chance. I've never had head-turning looks in my life. I've accepted this about myself and have understood for a long time that if I'm ever to be noticed, it'd have to be for my brains or my sense of humor or my talent. I figure God gave me extra of a few of those others to make up for the lack of physical attractiveness.

Okay, now it's your turn.

No comments: