Friday, November 25, 2005

Family meeting

At tonight's family meeting (we have those about once a week or so), Rick talked to us all about love. It's fun to hear the kids respond to him, too. They all totally enjoy the family meetings and have lots of suggestions as to subject matter. Martha wanted to do Bible verses. Isaac wanted to lead one himself.

We didn't really have family meetings when I was a kid, but they probably would've seemed odd because I was an only child until I was in high school. Pretty much every time we were together was a family meeting.

Certainly Rick's family never had such a thing as a family meeting; his parents rarely spoke to one another at all.

So I'm not sure where Rick came up with the notion of having family meetings; I think they just naturally arose from situations he was noticing that needed to be addressed in a group format. I'm glad we have them, though. They seem to be what works for us, anyway.

No comments: