Thursday, September 01, 2005

Yes, I'm here

Haven't been able to post, however. I have felt like total pigpoop every single afternoon. First week of school just seems to suck the life out of me. I'm behind in my college class and feeling totally panicky about it. I'm fighting some bug, struggling with demons old and new, trying to keep from throwing up (I haven't gotten down a meal in a while), and trying to keep from missing obligations.

And yet I watch the news and realize afresh just what a selfish little pig I really am. It sometimes amazes me that life goes on around us when such devastation occurs. Could we just stop time for a few weeks/months and tend to our wounds?

It doesn't happen that way, though. I still have to pass this class. I still have to grade papers. I still have to make supper for the kids. I still have to learn new music. All the while knowing that there are some who can't.

Somebody tell Leon Everett that it really does take a lot of water to wash away New Orleans... anybody remember that country song, "Hurricane"? I do. I can't get it out of my head when I watch the news.

No comments: