Sunday, September 11, 2005

Never try to study in someone's house when they have friendly cats

I went to some friends' house the other day to try to get some quiet studying done, since their house is much quieter than mine.

I forgot about the cats.



Underneath that cat in the foreground is my textbook. They all three came into the dining room and lounged on the table in front of me.



Bear: "Don't even try to use that pen, woman. It's mine now."



Bear: "And don't YOU think about it either, Sami."



Mac: "The book is MINE. I am a substantial cat and when I sit around the house, I really sit around the house, if you know what I mean. Study, schmuddy. Admire me. Skritch me."



Who could possibly resist this regal gentleman cat? But I really needed to finish reading that chapter, so I hefted him carefully off my book. Sami, however, is not so easily convinced.



Skritching and studying... who could ask for more?

No comments: