Sunday, August 28, 2005

FCC's 10th Anniversary service

Our church is celebrating ten years since it got started, and it was quite a shindig tonight. We had a worship service which included a choir, which we haven't really done before, then there was some preaching, and a concert by a gospel trio called Testify, and then a SoulFire concert and fireworks.











It was a phenomenally awesome evening and the stadium was packed. They started the fireworks during our last song, which was just outstanding. They hadn't warned us that they were starting them DURING the song, and when they first started popping, I thought we were shorting out something electrical on the stage. Then I realized WOW, it's the fireworks already! They were beautiful. They're also difficult to capture with my digital camera, but I did manage to get the one decent photo of them.

As you can see in the one photo, the sunset was absolutely gorgeous. The whole evening there were thunderheads to the south of us, but everything around us stayed clear and beautiful.

And now I'm dog-tired (and kinda doggy-smelling, too, I'd imagine, having sweated hard all day long).

No comments: