Friday, May 06, 2005

Ah, the month of May

I do so love Spring, and I heartily welcome the warm weather and the green grass... but the month of May rolls around and the flurry of activity begins with a vengeance, it seems.

Last night was another studio session with SoulFire.

Tonight is the long-awaited return of TobyMac to Des Moines for a concert with Audio Adrenaline, Kutless and Hawk Nelson. I bought tickets for this MONTHS ago, when I first found out they were coming to town.

Tomorrow is Picture Day for Isaac & Alice's dance studio; their recital is in two more weeks. I've got to put light stage makeup on both of them, and I've got to put Alice's hair into a bun and get her bangs out of her face. And not just ANY bun... a Jeoffrey bun, which is a multiple-armed twisty concoction that looks like a funnel cake. Try putting stiff, straight Asian hair (even long hair) into a tidy bun! Let's just say, bring on the stiff hair gel, because that's the only way I get her hair to lie down.

I will actually get some rest on Sunday, however... since the children's choir is putting on a Mother's Day shindig, the band isn't playing, so I can SLEEP. I've got a paper to write for class, as well as a summary, and I am going to need a "Mother's Day."

No comments: