Thursday, April 21, 2005

Nice. Very nice.

So can I just say that I am not terribly enthusiastic about the fact that this school is where my daughter Martha is supposed to go next year? I was already having some misgivings about it.

[sigh]

I know that weed is extremely common among the high school students. I also know that many, many of the students here live in a different world than I do. Many of them have never known anything else, and there isn't much I can do about it.

But hopefully I can at least keep my own kids away from that scene for as long as possible.

I was in the eighth grade when I was offered weed for the first time. I had no interest whatsoever in it; I was an A student and heavily involved in church and band. But obviously it's not a new thing for junior-high-age kids to be exposed to illegal drugs.

Doesn't mean I have to accept it.

No comments: