Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Meme Tag

Jody of Steal the Bandwagon has tagged me to participate in this little meme.
Immediately following there is a list of different occupations. You must select at least 5 of them (feel free to select more). You may add more if you like to your list before you pass it on (after you select 5 of the items as it was passed to you). Each one begins with "If I could be..." Of the 5 you selected, you are to finish each phrase with what you would do as a member of that profession.
For example, if the selected occupation was "pirate" you might take the phrase "If I could be a pirate..." and add to it "I would sail the 7 Seas, dating lasses from around the worlde." See how easy that is? Here's the list:

If I could be a scientist...
If I could be a farmer...
If I could be a musician...
If I could be a doctor...
If I could be a painter...
If I could be a gardener...
If I could be a missionary...
If I could be a chef...
If I could be an architect...
If I could be a linguist...
If I could be a psychologist...
If I could be a librarian...
If I could be an athlete...
If I could be a lawyer...
If I could be an innkeeper...
If I could be a professor...
If I could be a writer...
If I could be a llama-rider...
If I could be a bonnie pirate...
If I could be an astronaut...

Thanks a lot, Jody. heh

Let's see. Hmmmmm...

If I could be an astronaut, I'd join the crew of the Red Dwarf and visit odd galaxies in every corner of the universe, and I'd make Dave Lister take a shower and wash the curry stains off his shirt.

If I could be a bonnie pirate, I'd join the crew of Captain Jack Sparrow and [deleted by editor] while pillaging and then burning. I'd also pose for a painting with a dagger in my teeth.

If I could be a painter, I'd paint portraits of bonnie pirates with daggers in their teeth. Then I'd buy old grand pianos, rip out the guts, paint the frame wild and crazy colors and designs, and replace the old hammers and keys with electronic equipment.

If I could be a musician, I'd play wild and crazy painted electronic grand pianos in the atrium of a fancy-schmancy department store in Hong Kong. I'd write a song about a handsome pirate, and another song about violets.

If I could be a gardener, I'd allow wild violets to overtake my lawn and harvest the blossoms for edible flower salads. I'd cultivate Phalenopsis orchids and live in a spare, minimalist home stripped of clutter in order to reduce my distractibility.

Okay, I'm going to pass this meme along to:

Nathan

Blue Fish & Red Fish

David

You're it!

UPDATE:David's taken the baton and run with it.
UPDATE II:Now Blue Fish took the bait.
UPDATE III:Nathan finally remembered. I'm giving him a pass because he's just moved to Hawaii and doesn't care about blogging as much as he once did.

No comments: