Thursday, April 28, 2005

Gagging

It doesn't happen that often, honestly, which is surprising to me. But I have a student who forgot his Right Guard this morning, and it's beginning to gag me. My classroom, for those of you who don't know, is what used to be a storage closet... there is no ventilation, nor are there any windows, because it was never intended to be a classroom.

I've got a Yankee jar candle on my desk that I've removed the wick from, and I use my halogen desk lamp to warm it so that it smells good without me having to have a lit flame in the classroom. I'm still finding it difficult to breathe, though. I'd send him to the school nurse except that he's a flight risk and I am not allowed to let him leave my classroom.

Can I get this kind of ordinance passed for my classroom?

I just finished another book... I will now make a confession to you that I, yes, I have been reading Meg Cabot's series, The Princess Diaries. Once again, it's because one of my students wanted me to read them and lent them to me. I figure if they're important enough to one of my students to actually recommend them AND lend them, I should probably give them a read. And now for the next part of my confession -- they're cute and funny. Completely inconsequential, certainly not going to win any Pulitzers... but entertaining nonetheless. I would've LOVED these in high school. If I read them in that frame of mind, I rather enjoy them.

No comments: