Thursday, March 31, 2005

Avocado & Cheese Sandwiches

I stumbled upon a recipe for baked avocado and cheese sandwiches, but it had a couple of ingredients I wasn't fond of, so I've altered the recipe a little to suit my own tastes. Can I just say that I HEART AVOCADOES? Because I really, really do.

SPREAD:
2 T mayonnaise
1 T freshly grated Romano cheese
1 clove garlic, pressed

SANDWICH:
2 slices of artisan bread (I like to go to the little bakery a few blocks from my house and pick up some cheese bread or sunflower seed bread)
2 slices of fresh tomato
2 slices of smoked gouda cheese (or your favorite -- be creative)
2 quarter-inch slices of ripe avocado
Freshly-ground black pepper

Apply spread to bread, then assemble the sandwich with alternating slices of tomato, cheese and avocado. Sprinkle black pepper to taste, then put the top slice of bread on. Wrap the sandwich in foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments: