Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Always something

Like I needed something else to complain about... I noticed this morning that I've lost the stainless steel bead out of my captive-bead ring in my tragus piercing. Dadgummit. The only captive-bead rings that I have sitting around right now are gauge-10s, and I don't intend to gauge up my tragus. So that means I've got to buy another one. Grrrr...

What's a tragus, you say? It's the little cartilage thingy that sticks out right in front of your ear-hole. No, it didn't really hurt that much to have it done (it's been about a year ago now), but you should realize that I measure all levels of personal physical pain by labor contractions -- and this didn't even come close, so it didn't really register on the pain scale. Comparable to having an IV put in, I suppose.

UPDATE: I was in a bit of a hurry this afternoon because I wanted to get to band practice a little early, so I dashed into Target to see if they carried body piercing jewelry. Unfortunately, though, the only kind they had was belly rings, and those don't do me a bit of good. I needed *something* to go in the spot, though, so I bought a pair of teeny tiny CZ studs set in 14K, and used one of them as a place-holder. I had considered leaving it like that, but my best friend stopped by and when I showed it to her, she shook her head and declared that it wasn't noticeable at all. I'll keep looking.

No comments: