Thursday, December 16, 2004

Two more days left...

Christmas vacation is looming large! One part of me is hugely excited about being out for two weeks -- I need the sleep, for one thing. But I'm not quite ready, and I wish I could just freeze Time for about a week so I could catch up.

Today there were a collection of nice scented candles in my Inbox from my secret Santa person. For my recipient, I bought a small container of a substance called "Martian Mud"... looks like psychedelic slime, to be truthful, but it's very cool. Tomorrow is the "reveal" day, when I find out who my person is. I think I already know, but we shall see tomorrow. I hope that my recipient doesn't think I'm a total weirdo! heh I suppose it's okay if she does, because I sort-of AM a weirdo.

This week my students have been nearly intractable. Many of them are actually TRYING to get suspended so they can have a longer break. There are no consequences at home for a good number of them... it doesn't matter and they don't care. How do you teach someone to care? One bright spot in the day -- there was a planned tornado drill, and that's been postponed. I hate drills. I know they're helpful, but they are such a disruption.

No comments: